Enough is enough. We all have our limits and I’ve reached mine on the following topics:
- Minecraft: I love you, kids, but I don’t want to hear about the cool thing you learned to do on Minecraft. You’ve told me too much already. I can’t pretend to listen anymore.
- Our Garage: It is such a freaking disaster. Husband, this is your territory but I have to walk through it. I’m sure you are as sick of hearing me talk about it as I am talking about it, so…
- Shoe Laces: Children of mine, why do we talk about shoe laces every day? Just untie your shoes when you take them off at the end of the day and — voila! — they are ready to go when you get ready for school the next morning.
- Candy: No, not me — the sugary substance. It is NOT a snack, kids. String cheese is a snack. An apple is a snack. Crackers are a snack. Candy is not a freaking snack.
- Alternative Facts: This is not a thing. Stop trying to make fetch happen, Kellyanne.
- Climate Change: This is a thing. That’s an actual fact.
- What I Did Today: Don’t ask me. It just makes me feel bad. I probably started to clean the kitchen and then got distracted by the laundry and then sat down to write and forgot about the laundry. Nobody wins in this conversation.
- Texas Weather: No, but really. I just throw my hands up in exasperation on this one. We just have a pile of coats of varying weights by the door we dig through each morning depending on which season Texas decides to have today.
- Cup Stacking: OHMYGOD. It’s not a sport.
OK. That’s all. Talk to me about anything else, but not these things. I have nothing else to say about them…today.