I have four right now (not counting Facebook). I’m about to add another. I thought surely that would be over the line. SURELY that is in crazy territory right there. SURELY I have a problem.
Nope. Totally normal.
Which is w.r.o.n.g. people. Why do we have so many email addresses? Why is it “normal” to have FIVE email addresses?? This is not OK.
A brief history of my email addresses:
- Hotmail: This was the beginning of the free email world. My husband helped me start this account before he was my husband. He has been my husband for a very long time.
- Yahoo/Sbcglobal: We started this as our “family” email account when we were for real grown ups and got DSL. This was like… seven years ago? Maybe?
- Gmail (Mine): I started this account when I realized Hotmail sucks.
- Gmail (Family): This is kind of new. We started it so we could both use Google Calendar and also because the Yahoo account is really starting to suck.
- NEW: This will probably also be a gmail account, but for my business use as I am about to start selling jewelry… (Not going to talk about that here – you need to talk to me offline if you need to know more about that part of my life.) BUT I need help with a catchy email address!
- Holy crap, I actually will have SIX accounts, not five. I also have a “candy(at)slightlyovercaffeinated.com” account. Geez.
I’d like it to contain my first name at least (a friend of mine uses her first name, then “jewelrylady” before the @ part, but she thinks hers is too long AND says people often misspell “jewelry” [PEOPLE!]). And I’d like it to have a word associated with jewelry. But here’s the thing when your first name is “Candy”: when you pair it with words related to jewelry it sounds like a stripper name. Which is not exactly what I was going for.